Day 58: Fighting With Phones

My phone has not worked well ever since I installed the Android 10 beta in May. After much wailing, I managed to “fix” it yesterday.

When I would work on phones in the past—say, almost a decade ago—it went pretty smoothly (discounting the cases that were expected to be tricky). This one was a paean to those difficult cases. I took great issue with this because it’s not 2010 anymore. This sort of stuff should work better.

I shouldn’t have to do a workaround to get to a standard boot menu. I shouldn’t have to hunt around Asus’ website for any update regarding the beta. It’s incredible how much progress we make in some areas and how little we make in others.


Leave a Reply